Thursday, April 11, 2013

Weird Dreams

I really don't know why I'm writing about this but for some reason felt an urge to write it down. Yesterday I was feeling a bit miffed or blown off by a friend before I went to sleep.

I dreamed I was back in college but it was more like present day. Yet it was the first college I went to. And my friend was there too but I'm not sure if he was attending or what capacity he was there. Could be I only saw him on weekends during football games.

Anyhow I was upset that in the year I'd been back I'd only seen him like twice and both times it was only fleeting and he was spending time with other friends so only gave me a cursory 'hi, how are you' then was back to talking to his other friends.

I talked to him more via email and there were these 'public email stations' around campus where you could write an email while waiting for class, etc. So I wrote him an email asking why I'd only gotten to see him twice and why he hardly said anything to me. I must've taken a while because I remember turning around and seeing a woman waiting patiently to use the 'email station', probably for more important things than I was using it for. I finished up my email but the dream wasn't clear on whether I sent it or printed it out.

I remember leaving that building and walking on campus toward the library, thinking that maybe that was where my friend spent a lot of his time on campus if he was actually taking classes there.

I was deep in thought and not really aware of the people around me when a man sitting outside at a table commented to me as I walked slowly past. He said something like 'Don't take it so hard', or 'Don't let it get you down', or 'It's not that bad, cheer up'. Not exactly sure what his comment was, only that it made me stop because it was like he knew I was really bummed out about something and he was trying to offer some bit of encouragement to me, not even knowing who I was.

Yet when I turned and looked at him, he was extremely familiar. I seem to remember he was my instructor for some class I had taken a long time ago. He didn't recall me at all he said, and the more I looked at him, the more sure I was that I was in some class he taught several years ago but it was either a class I didn't do well in or I ended up dropping. I asked his name thinking that might jar my memory but he told me his name was Heath and I wouldn't have known him by his first name if he'd been my instructor, but by his last name.

Then I woke up. Just felt like a very odd dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment