Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Down In The Dumps

Really been depressed today. It sucks being so broke and no hope on the immediate horizon. I should know something this month about my C&F investigation. Most likely I will have to go to a hearing, which means I have to find a way to come up with about $3000 to hire an attorney for this type of thing. Hard to do living on hubby's unemployment and food stamps.

Another reason that I'm depressed is just being around hubby 24/7 because he is depressed too and we just keep rubbing the gloom and doom attitude off on each other it seems. He's just given up trying to do anything to get money coming in, except for selling household items, which only depresses me more. I'm feeling overwhelmed as it is, dealing with a bankruptcy all by myself, trying to save our home from foreclosure, and keep the lights, water, and Internet on, plus dealing with my medical issues (that I have no money to deal with).

This is not what I imagined it'd be like after law school and passing the Bar. Of course, I did lose my mother the last year of law school, which also meant I lost the $1800 a month she was providing for assistance on our mortgage and expenses while I was in school. Everything pretty much went quickly downhill from there and hasn't stopped. And trying to find a job with a law degree and no law license has been impossible so far.

So yep, things really are pretty gloomy right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment